2018 SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
NVFF’s program is comprised of the following core components:
• Competitive screenings of 100 or so new independent films
• Sneak Previews of prestigious studio films before theatrical release
• Conversations with 300+ writers, directors, actors, producers
• Juried & Audience Awards
• Exclusive Artists-in-Residence Program
• Celebrity Tributes (Legends, Mavericks, Trailblazers and Rising Stars)
• Inspiring Student Programs
• Countless opportunities for artist-audience interaction
Industry experts decide the Juried Awards and audience ranking determines the Audience Awards. Awards are presented at a festive Awards Ceremony on Saturday night before the Festival Gala.
Competitive categories include:
• Narrative Features
• Documentary Features
• Narrative Shorts
• Documentary Shorts
• Lounge Features (edgier fare)
• Lounge Shorts (edgier fare)
2017 FILM PROGRAM
The 7th Annual Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) announced this year’s Juried and Audience Award winners at the Uptown Theatre in Napa on Saturday, November 11, 2017. The Festival, held from November 8-12, screened 124 films, including the 18 in NVFF’s core competition categories, throughout the nine screening venues located around the Valley.