We offer light snacks and refreshments at our Volunteer Hubs located at our Box Offices (on days you are volunteering when not on shift.) Note: These snacks are not meant to replace meals, which Volunteers are responsible for providing themselves.
Official NVFF T-Shirt
Official NVFF Volunteer Credential. All Credentials are non-transferable and must be used to access films.
Volunteer Wrap Party
Invite to the Volunteer Wrap Party — Monday November 12th, 2018
We offer access to most screenings when you are “off-shift”.
Volunteer Appreciation Day
A day of recognition for all our volunteers throughhout the festival.
Come join the ranks of our sixth annual Napa Valley Film Festival!
Applications are currently closed and will reopen April 1st, 2017
NVFF relies on the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who generously donate their time and share their love of the Napa Valley with festival attendees. Our Volunteer Program is filled with exciting opportunities to meet new people, mingle with filmmakers and celebrities, and enjoy being a part of the ultimate celebration of film, food and wine. There are a variety of ways to volunteer for and support each year’s film festival. We have opportunities throughout the year as well as of course during each year’s festival: working in the theaters, box offices and wine pavilions, driving VIPs, helping to execute our world-class special events, and more. We seek volunteers who share a commitment to and passion for supporting independent film and the artists who make the movies. Come be part of our team; there is bound to be something fun and rewarding for you!
Overview of the Volunteer Program
- Decide: Read over the Volunteer Program to learn about the requirements and benefits of volunteering, and decide which level of commitment you would like to make before applying. Levels include: Shift Choice, Half-Fest, and Full-Fest. For more information, view the tab “Levels: Commitments & Benefits“.
- Apply: The Volunteer Application opens April 1st, 2017.
- Discuss Your Application: When your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email to set up a phone call to discuss your interest, skills, and possibilities.
- Receive an Assignment: When a volunteer’s interests and the Festival’s needs fit, volunteers are offered an assignment. All details will be discussed via phone or email and then confirmed.
- Get Your Schedule
- Shift Choice Volunteer: Will log into Shiftboard and sign up for shifts on their assigned team: minimum of 12 total hours required.
- Half-Fest & Full-Fest Volunteers: Will have their schedules set by the Volunteer Department and be able to access those schedules via Shiftboard.
- Check-In & Issuing Credentials. All Volunteers are encouraged to do their official festival “checkin” at the Napa Box Office which opens one week prior to the festival. At “check- in”, volunteers receive their Festival Credential and T-Shirt and are ready to go. For any who are unable to “checkin” in advance, you can “checkin” at one of the Volunteer Checkin stations, located at the Village Centers, starting on Tuesday November 8th, 2016. The final cutoff for “checkin” is one hour before volunteering for your first shift.
- Training: Volunteers are required to attend team trainings prior to the festival, some of which will be available online. Dates for trainings will be communicated well in advance.
- Festival, it’s Festival Time!: Volunteers enjoy working their assigned shifts in between seeing films, wine tasting, and (maybe) sleeping.
Levels: Commitments & Benefits
Volunteers can choose between three different levels of commitment: Shift Choice, Half-Fest, and Full-Fest. In short, the Shift Choice program offers flexible scheduling you choose (12 hours minimum required). Half-Fest volunteers work an assigned schedule during the Festival, and must work a minimum of 30 hours. Full-Fest volunteers work every day of the Festival on an assigned schedule and must work a minimum of 40 hours. Managers of Volunteer Teams are considered Full-Fest.
NOTE: ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE BY NOVEMBER 7, 2016.
Shift Choice Volunteers – 12 Hours Plus
Receive one volunteer voucher for every four or six hours volunteered. Volunteer vouchers are redeemable for films on a space-available basis. Vouchers and credentials are nontransferable and must be used by the volunteer.
Half-Fest Volunteers — 30 hours Plus
Volunteers receive a Festival Credential, allowing the volunteer access to unlimited Festival screenings on a space available basis (when not volunteering, of course!)
Full-Fest Volunteers & Managers — 40 hours Plus
Volunteers & Managers receive a Festival Credential, allowing the volunteer access to unlimited Festival screenings on a space available basis (when not volunteering, of course!), and grub stubs (If Volunteering during the Festival) each transferable for a meal at participating locations. Full-Fest volunteers will also be part of our new Volunteer Circle.
NVFF perks throughout the year including NVFF special movie screenings, select events, and discounts at select wineries and restaurants.
- Uniform: Official NVFF T-Shirt
- Credential: Official NVFF Volunteer Credential
- Kickoff Party: Invite to the Volunteer & Staff Kickoff Party — Monday November 7, 2016
- Wrap Party: Invite to the Volunteer & Staff Wrap Party — Monday November 14th, 2016
- Refreshments: We offer light snacks and refreshments in our four Volunteer Hubs (on days you are volunteering when not on shift.) Note: These snacks are not meant to replace meals, which Volunteers are responsible for providing themselves.
- Films: We offer access to screenings when you are “off-shift”. Note
You can contact us Monday – Friday 10am 6pm PST at (707) 226-7500 or email Debbie Young, NVFF Volunteer Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Napa Valley Film Festival is filled with exciting opportunities to meet new people, mingle with filmmakers and celebrities, and enjoy being a part of the Napa ultimate experience celebrating Film, Food and Wine! There are a variety of ways to volunteer for NVFF. We have opportunities that span across the festival – working in the theaters, village centers and wine pavilions, driving VIPs, helping to execute our world-class special events, and more… Come be part of our team; there is bound to be something fun and rewarding for you!